Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE Select for billing and Backorder question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieB313

Technical User
Dec 19, 2006
US
Hi,
We are using Macola Progression v7.6.300c SQL. I've used Macola in one version after another for 10 years that I've worked here and have always found that backordering an item during billing selection is problematic. Usually though I can produce the desired document(s)after two or three tries. However, here is today's situation:

A customer who is flagged for no backorders and no partial shipments in AR Customer Maintenance placed a large order and gave permission to override these conditions. Order Entry removed the flags from the account, entered the order, and replaced the flags on the account. The backordered item was a single line item with qty. 1. Billing entry selected option 3, Bill All but Certain items, changing the ship qty amount to 0. The warning msgs that the account was flagged for no B.O. and No Partials came up, she clicked that this was ok. When running the Billing List, we could see that there was one ordered, zero shipping, but no item on backorder. We tried again, removing the flags from Customer Maintenance before we did so, but achieved the same result. Then did the same using option 2, Bill Certain Items. No go. In order to ship the customer's order, I billed it the way it was, but Order Entry had to manually enter a new order for the backordered item.

Fortunately we do not often backorder items. I read through the OE and AR user manuals for anything that might apply, and also the Macola Knowledge Base; there wasn't any info that seemed helpful in this case. Does anyone know how the flags in Customer Maintenance and the overrides in OE relate? Should OE have not unflagged the account, and just processed the order normally? What is the 'life cycle' of a backorder?

Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for any information!

I beleive in the current state of progression, if at the time you entered an order, the backorder flag is captured lined by line on the order, but you don't have dirrect access to the flag. (Note this is different in ES.) Thus if the customer was marked as no-backorders at the time the order is entered, then the line items would be captured as such.
This would be my understanding, of native code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back