Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE - post cost of goods sold unchecked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBergkamp10

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2002
CA
Good afternoon,

I was curious about this feature in OE Setup. This is turned off in a new installation of Macola which we have been using since March. We want to turn it on. (Progression 7.7.8) If we do so, is there any way we can get this information into the G/L for the past periods that we have been in operation when this option was not checked, or are we out of luck?

Thanks very much in advance.

I don't believe so. This box indicates to Macola if it should create the IMDISFIL_SQL records that are the Cost of Goods Sold, typically this is a debit to a COGS account and a credit to Inventory. I do not believe the records ever get created if this box is not checked.

If it is really import to create these for past periods, you could probably a SQL script to do it, by recursing through the OELINHST_SQL records by invoice date and creating the debit and credit records for each line. If you are using standard cost, and standard cost has not changed during this time, this will be fairly straightforward. If you are using average cost, this will be a real pain in the rear as it will be very tough to capture what the average cost was at any given point in time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thanks Don. I figured as much, lol @ the AVG cost, that would be a pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back