Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OE- Newsgroups error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamichel

Technical User
Aug 9, 2003
US
I tried this question in the email issues group, with no responses, any help here?

I had this error problem before and it disappeared after I reloaded WIN98SE. After reload all was well for a few days and it re-appeared.

I have checked the FAQs and done a Google search but can't pin it down.

When trying to view newsgroups with OE 6.00.2600.0000
using WIN 98 SE. I get the following errors:

Trying to synchronize newsgroups gives error:
Protocol NNTP, Port0, Secure(SSL): NO Error number 0x080004005
for each group on my list.

Selecting a group gives an OE error msg box "An unknown error has occurred"

Selecting a msg in a group displays "Message could not be displayed. Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or disk space and try again".

{disk space and memory don't seem to be the issue for me} it was working and it quit with no changes to the system.

This isn't really a crisis, since I just check the newsgroups occasionally for new recipes, but it is an annoyance...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If you have a DSL connection, try this
While Outlook Express is open, right click on the news server having the problem. Select properties, then the connection tab. Uncheck the option saying "Always connect to this account using"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back