Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oddball question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulfericacid

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
Is there a 'kill all' css tag which when used anywhere on a page it will stop ALL css from loading?

If a css script you cannot edit puts something on a page, is it possible to close that tag off or anything? "Age is nothing more than an inaccurate number bestowed upon each of us at birth as just another means for others to judge and classify us- sulfericacid

Are you using a template you can not edit in dreamWeaver or somthing? Can you comment the <link> tag to call the css? If not, I'm not a wiz with css so this may not be the best solution, but define your own style tag and use classes to define it the way you want. Then specify the class you want to use to over ride the other css.

<style>
stuff you don't want
</style>
<style>
.myNewTDStyle{
background: white;
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
color: black;
font-family: verdana
}
</style>
<td class = &quot;myNewTDStyle&quot;>

Local CSS overrides CSS from an external file. So, if you have control over the specific HTML file, then make your changes there.

If you don't have rights to change the HTML file and you don't have rights to change the CSS file, then chances are there's a reason for that and you should check with your sysadmin. People build sites using CSS for a very good reason. People lock up CSS files for even better reasons.

Another option is to simply go to Netscape and download a very old version of Netscape that doesn't support CSS.

Cheers,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

Like Lovecraft? Know Photoshop? Got time for the Unspeakable?

I cannot change the page at all since I down own it and the site admins forgot about is a long time ago. this is for People can leave notes on your diary entries but a few months ago someone made a css tag which put a table or image all the way across your entry so no one could read it or write entries to it. Since I can't edit the html myself and since my tags would load before their's, is there somehow a script which would prevent any further css tags below it to stop running? Like <killyoustupidcss> or something?

I'll try an older version of Netscape if I can get my hands on it, thanks. &quot;Age is nothing more than an inaccurate number bestowed upon each of us at birth as just another means for others to judge and classify us- sulfericacid

Could you provide a link to the actual page where the problem occurs? If there's a solution such as the one you seek, that would make it easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back