Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Things in Monitor Window; No Preview--URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLSailor

Technical User
Nov 1, 2003
US
I am trying to finish up a video on a short time schedule, and for some reason Adobe Premiere 6.5 began showing me part of an Internet Explorer Window in the Monitor Window. Now the Monitor Window just shows black in any project I'm in, and I only get black from the clip window when I double-click a clip on the timeline.

I've looked at the documentation, I suspect I accidentally re-set something while multitasking, but I can't find anything that seems out of line. Any help would be appreciated.

StlSailor

hi, could you have the same problem as me, I also think I reseted something in the beginning...

this is my thread, hope I dont disturbe you by sending it here, if that is the case, I apologize...

here is my thread

Hey everyone

I have a problem, as many other fine peaple here...

the thing is , I am working with premiere 6.5.

When I work with tutorial files (files that came with my premiere cd) everything works fine....the tutorial files are either in quicktime format or in avi format....

soo I desided to capture some of my own files... from a dv cam... and saved them in the original format (that is , I just captured and saved, in whatever the default format was, but I believe it is uncompressed avi) now when I work with them, I can't apply any transitions or anything , it doesnt work, and when I try to look at the preview window in any of the transitions ánd video effects etc. there is only a black window...if I press alt and drag the timeline, you know when your supposed to preview the video effect or transition that you have applied before rendering the timeline area, nothing happens, just a black window..

please help me, I am standing before a deadline .... I have to finish editing the film that I have filmed before next wednesday.

how can I make my own captured movies, to show in the preview window in any of the transitions etc. and so that I can apply some transitions or effects..... because its not only the preview, when I render the work area, it turnes black when it comes to a cross disolve transition for instance.

could be any codecs that I have to download, or something, I have a few installed , every other file that I worked with that I didnt capture workes great, even the trailers that I download from the internet, even those files could be edited without any problem. but not the files I need, that is the files that I have taken with my own DV cam, and then captured exactly like adobe premiere manual tells me to do.

please help me!!

------------

with regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back