Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd routing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

westmanm

ISP
Oct 14, 2003
US
Here's a fun one. I have a 2621XM that was doing NAT with had F0/0 connected to a cable modem and F0/1 connected to us and a county government routing by way of a secondary address.
Now, I've added another interface with a 16+1 switchcard and I tried moving the internal connections to the switchcard and leaving the county link on F0/1. The router could ping addresses at the county, but computers on the LAN couldn't. They could however get to the Internet.
I couldn't get routing to work until I moved the line from F0/1 to the switch card and added it's address as a secondary IP. Now, everything works.

Any ideas as to why this routing will only work if I have them on the same logical port?

Thanks
Mike

Mike,
It may be your seconadry address on the Fa0/1 that may be causing confusion in your route table. Post your config so we can gain a better understanding of your topology and perhaps we might be able to isolate the problem.

JimmyZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back