Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd RCF issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Textron68

Programmer
Feb 11, 2010
US
System: Merlin Magix
Release: R2.1 v8.0
Mode: Hybrid/PBX
Trunks: Single PRI
Issue: I have a user set up to be able to Remote Call Forward his extension to his Cell phone.
Set Type: 4412+
Remote Forward Allow = Yes
Trunk Transfer Allow = Yes
I have added a Transfer button to the extension. Also tried removing Transfer and using Dial Code *33.
His dial actions - Press Transfer; dial 9<10-digit Cell number>#
Display shows fwd 9xxxxxxxxx (9-digits of 10-digit #)
A print of the extension shows 9xxxxxxxxxx# (all 10-digits of cell #)
Call the number and call fails, it drops the call. No message from LEC or denial/reorder from Merlin. I've verified the user can dial from his desk 9+10-digits to his cell.
I remotely support the system from 1000 miles away, so I'm not able to put my hands on the offending phone. No other phones on this system are set up for remote call forward.
Any ideas or suggestions?

I would first try setting this up on another extension.

Next, if that failed, I would test to see if SPEED DIALS go through. (The Magix could be dialing too fast???) Shouldn't be, but who knows.

Also, I would have them program a few pauses after the dialing, but before the POUND Sign (#).

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Just for kicks can you try someone else's cell who has a different wireless provider? I had a weird quirk with ATT cell on an IP Office. Totally different animal I grant you, but in this case, we couldn't get the AT&T cell to work but a Verizon one did. Worth a shot just to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back