Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCS1

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2005
US
A few months ago, I added a new user mailbox for a new employee. I soon realized that I fat fingered the spelling of the last name and for whatever reason, instead of renaming the account, I deleted it and recreated it with the correct spelling.

Fast forward to today.

Here is the scenario:

I want to send a meeting request to a co worker "brad.pitt@x.com". I create the meeting request and send it to him. Brad Pitt gets the request, but I instantly get a bounce from the server saying that delivery failed to "angelina.jolie@x.com". Not only did I not send it to Angelina, but Angelina also happens to be the user that I misspelled and deleted a few months ago.

This happens to every single user that sends out a meeting request, no matter who they send it to.

Any ideas?

Try running a query to see if the user is still sitting somewhere:

Code:
Get-Mailbox | ? {$_.EmailAddresses -like "*angeline.jolie@x.com*"}

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Does not exist...

Very odd.

I got it fixed.

On almost all of our users Outlook clients, the incorrect user name had been added as a delegate. No idea how that happened, but it's fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back