Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd problem with new unmanged switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tecphonelady

Vendor
Mar 21, 2003
US
Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

We are trying to replace our 3Com 10/100 16 port unmanaged Ethernet switch with a Netgear 10/1000/1G 24 port unmanaged switch.

The new switch is raising havoc with our network and I just pulled it back out.

Once it was installed you couldn't consistently get to the Internet, getting an error saying "192.168.0.4 was managing this device" in your browser window. We do have a PC with that static IP address but same error even after turning off the PC. When it was on the message also contained the name of the PC.

Also causing the remote IP hardphone to keep rebooting and 1 application running over Terminal Services to close (but not the other).

Any ideas? I spoke to Netgear, who pointed to our router, which is a 1 yr old Adtran and runs like a charm. Adtran logged in and peaked at the router, didn't see any errors.

Does anyone have any ideas??

We did reboot everything, router, server, IP Office, all PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back