Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Julian Date to Gregorian / Calendar Date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimoo

Programmer
Jun 2, 2003
US

I have some data that came from AS/400 DB2 and it contains julian date data that is described as INT (7) and I need to convert it to a normal calendar date (gregorian).

Here is a format of the data. This would represent 10/27/1960

1960301 - should be converted to 10/27/1960
1977308 - should be converted to 11/4/1977

Year is 1st four digits.

I have tried several of the examples on this forum. No luck.

Ideally, I'd like for the conversion to be command line or function.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim

Can you show a sample that occurs in January of any year?

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

It looks to me like the first 4 digits represents the year and the last 3 digits represents the day of the year. If so, then take a look at this...

Code:
Declare @TestDate Int;

Set @TestDate = 1960301;

Select DateAdd(Day, @TestDate % 1000 - 1, DateAdd(Year, (@TestDate / 1000) -1900, 0))

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

gmmastros, excellent. This is exactly what I am looking for. I had found several variations but none of them worked, but your example did. I even tested for leap years and it worked perfectly.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back