Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd Embedded Voicemail Request 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Have a customer with 8.1 embedded IP Office, they run 4-5 different, but similar, companies.
On incoming calls, they can see what company the caller called, from my names on the Hunt Group(s).
They are now asking, when caller calls in & eventually may go to someone's voicemail, from the voicemail to see what number/company the caller called into.
So then when returning the call, they would know what division/company they would be representing.
They have a PRI circuit & was doing testing on my system hoping the "Tag" in incoming call route would show in the voicemail, but it does not.
Hope this makes sense, any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I think the only way to do this is to have the callers end up going to HG mailboxes and not personal mailboxes. Add access to the HG mailboxes to each person's phones so that the can see what mailbox the message has been left in and therefore fulfilling your customer's requirement of knowing how the call came into the system.

I thought about 3 different ways to accomplish this off the top of my head with preferred edition . Unfortunately with essential edition you are limited to the basic voicemail functionality.

Agree with @Nortel4Ever. I've seen this before and this method works well.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Id Agree with Nortel4ever, Group mailboxes are the way to go here

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back