Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd characters on 5610 & 5621 w/ R8

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaurence

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
US
Subject says it all, I've gotten reports of random characters showing up at the end of the extension's Full Name at the top of the phone's display (please see attachment).

These characters are not our normal dnd/forwarding or group member status characters. I've heard the following reported: s, c, e, ), # (all lower case) and reportedly they change throughout the day. The character does go away if you reboot the phone, but return in a few days.

I've seen this on:
IP 500 v1 @ 8.0.42
IP 500 v2 @ 8.0.18

Environments have Dell & Cisco PoE switches, phones all have latest firmware (2.9.1).

Anyone else out there seen this before, any known fixes?

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

I have had the same problem... Hopefully someone will be able to give us an answer.

Are you referring to the "O" and "G" and such after the user's name?

If so, I believe you are referring to the codes that signify what the user's status is in terms of logged in and out of huntgroups, forwarded, on DnD and etc. I do not believe what you are referring to is in error.

BTW - Because of numerous problems with both of those releases, I would highly recommend updating them both to 8.0.43.

From my experience this release has far fewer bugs than the two you mentioned. :)

T is for twinned.

But lowercase is not good.
When there are letters used then it is always uppercase like O G D T S (admin 2 level)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'm having the same issues, lower case g appeared on one user.
tlpeter, why are lower case letters not good? Can you give an idea on what they mean?

Lower case letter do mean nothing, this is a bug.
It must always be a capital letter.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back