Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Odd behavior on BB 9630, et.al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySteele

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
I have an intranet site that I'm developing that will be accessible by BB users (in addition to workstations). The site is really simplistic and will be used to look up employee data.

Not surprisingly, the first page is a blank form for entering search criteria. Works just like the scores of other html forms I've created and works like it's supposed to on desktops and iPhones/iPads.

The problem is with the BB.

Users have not been able to set focus at the beginning of the first input text box. They can set focus on the second half of the box and they can set focus on any other text box. By set focus I mean by clicking on the trackball after hovering over the area.

I have a sort of work around - I added a table row with non breaking spaces, which pushed subsequent rows down. After doing this, users were able to set focus on the beginning of the first input field.

This would be easier to troubleshoot in FF or IE where I have tools setup to identify block & positioned elements, css classes, divs, etc.

I've read were a few people have found bugs (e.g. this from the BlackBerry forums: OS 4.5 browser with cursor: how to type in input field?) in the rendering engine where the symptoms were similar to what I'm seeing. However, I don't know that those bugs relate to what I'm seeing and/or if they've been fixed.

So finally to my questions.

Has anyone hear of a problem like this with BB? If so, recommendations? If not, any suggestion on how to proceed troubleshoothing this one?

Of course, if this really needs to go to the HTML forum, I can redirect.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back