Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odd ball A+ questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintacs

Technical User
Jul 29, 2005
US
I took the A+ hardware the other day and failed it. 506 and I needed a 515. I sure got some odd ball questions. one was about an organic somthing somthing printer and were to store it. another was, about hooking a LS120 to a floopy controler. I had never heard of an LS120 until then. umm I will admint I second guessed myself on a couple that I later found out were right. But still another was about setting jumpers on a logical set three SCSI. A dls modum ? came up. did not know it. another was about paper. not sure the question. but the answers were paper bond, paper wrinkle, paper fold and another.

anybody heard of these before. mainly the two printer question in the start and finish of this post. do you have any odd ball question of your own?

an LS120 is a very high density floppy (120meg). kinda like sony Beta, just never really caught on.
SCSI jumpers, yup, it's on there.
DLS modem. yup, it's on there.
The paper Q was probably a laser printer question.

Have you ever looked at the exam objectives that CompTIA publishes?

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

I went through the same thing Wintacs. I thought there were several odd questions. One that came to mind is 'what type of weather is esd most prevalent?' cold and dry climate is the most obvious but it didn't even have it as a choice. do you guys recommend any book or study guide that will help prepare me better for this second go around? Thanks.

now I thought an LS120 was a zip drive and you would not be able to hook it up to the floopy controler. Do you see it other wise? And nobody wants to touch the one about an organic sothimg somthing printer.. wish I could remember the specifics.

wintacs said:
do you have any odd ball question of your own?

Even though it's been over a year, I remember this question pretty well. I found it odd at the time and still find it odd to be on an A+ exam.

Q: Which mode of fibre has the longest maximum cable length?
A: Single-mode fibre
A: Multi-mode fibre

The wording may not be exact, but it's still pretty odd for the A+.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Yes there are a lot of wird questions on the A+ and it also eng adaptive makes it tricky. I took mine in 2001 and they still aske about RLL hard drives. I was going to a "tech" school and there was just no way I was learning enuf in there t be able to pass the test. I looked at a couple of diferent books and I found the Mike Myers to be exactly like it was in the booth. I crammed till I forot wha already knew there was so much info in my head. Missed 2 on the hadware and aced the software. Good Luck Mistabaseball

Organic something something might be referring to the Organic Photo Conductor Drum, i.e. the green bit you usually find in a toner cartridge.

Some printers (OKI I think) have this as a separate item to the toner powder unit and back in the day some of the really old printers had a thin long OPC loop rather than a little roller as now.

Toner cartridges have about a two year shelf life because this organic coating can break down, especially if subjected to excess heat or light or even the atmosphere which is why they come well sealed.

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back