Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBCCP32.CPL Error on Windows 95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2003
US
We are converting from SQL Anywhere to SQL Server. When trying to install the system DSN for SQL server on our Win95 machines, I am getting the following error on about half of the machines: "An error occured while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\Windows\System\ODBCCPL.CPL" and then the wizard just quits. I don't understand why some machines work and the others don't. I have tried replacing the .CPL file and the associated .DLL file, and still nothing works. I have searched Microsoft and Google for 2 days. If we reload the OS, it works, but with 30 machines with this problem, that is a time consuming solution. Any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ryan

Actually, I fixed the problem, I did have MDAC 2.6 sp2 installed. When I set it up I took the check box out of the option to "connect to SQL server to obtain default settings to communicate with SQL server, click Client configuration" Then I went back and put in the correct database and it worked. The workaround works fine, so I am not going to spend any more time on it. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back