Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odbc_fetch_object doesn't work anymore after a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurgenv89

Programmer
Apr 3, 2007
NL
Hi,

I have a page in which several queries are being executed using odbc_exec() and then made into objects using odbc_fetch_object(). Eventually the script will result in something like the windows explorer tree with folders, subfolders and 'documents'.

This script worked fine when i was still using mysql, but now i'm using odbc, things get messed up a little.

The biggest part of the tree works fine, but when the 'documents' inside 'folders' should be loaded, the function 'dies' (saying 'not working at this point')

Here's the script:

$qperkns = odbc_exec($db, "select * from KnownSolutionsPerCallCategory_ksc") or die (odbc_error()); // this works fine

while($operkns = odbc_fetch_object($qperkns) or die ('not working at this point')){
//echo something
}

I know some people will say i have to put odbc_error() instead of 'not working at this point', but odbc_error() doesn't return anything.

So.. what am i doing wrong?

regards Jurgen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back