Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC via web for ASP does not work on one server, but works on another

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerfulskeptic

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
IN
We have Pervasive 2000i installed on our server. Till last month, any ASP page that gets data from Pervasive via an ODBC connection wrked fine. Also crystal reports deployed over the web worked fine. Now, nothing...
I have even made a simple page to connect to the database with objconnect.open ("DSN=MAX") but i keep getting an error on the web page saying Data source not found. I recreated it several times, but it still doesnt work. If I connect within crystal reports via odbc, I can get all the data. If I connect using another computer's web server and run the ASP pages, they work. Just on the main server, things get messed up and I cant get any results... any ideas?
thanks!

What's changed? Have you installed any service packs? How about changed any permissions? Is the ODBC DSN a System, File, or User DSN? What's the exact error message? Is there anything in the PVSW.LOG? WHat about the Event Log (System, Security, and Application)?

info@mirtheil.com
Custom VB and Btrieve development.
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I dont think anything has changed. the ODBC DSN on the web server is a System DSN. the exact error message - on Crystal, it cant connect, and for ASP it doesnt even connect to the DSN (Data source not found).
The MAX/Pervasive server is on a different machine.
On my local machine with IIS running, I can connect and run ASP pages, crystal reports, etc. just fine connecting to the Pervasive server.
We tried reinstalling the client, but no use...

Check to see if the ODBC connetion is working using the ODBC console.... Like that TEST button under ODBC.

If its not working there, then we have some bad news. I had this problem, but was able to fix it with a registry setting. I think Maximizer screwed it all up and I had to do a bit of a reg hack to get the Pervasive ODBC connection back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back