Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Trace Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigA

Programmer
Oct 6, 2010
US
I have an issue where I am using a vendor products out-of-the-box configuration tool to connect to an Oracle 11g database. There are two options for connecting; use tnsnames reference directly or use an ODBC. Because I am having issues I decided to use an ODBC data source and turn on tracing. It produced some good information, but I am trying to get a better understanding of the information in the Microsoft ODBC Trace log (SQL.LOG by default). Is there anything available that explains the information contained in that trace file? Specifically there is a line that looks like it is showing the Oracle schema starting with "PTR" - what is this telling me? Below is a snippet from the trace log. Can anyone tell me what this means? Or is there some good reference material on interpreting the trace file?

Thank you!

ProjectBuilder 21e8-6d8 EXIT SQLGetData with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
HSTMT 09EC1A90
UWORD 2
SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR>
PTR 0x09D3B008 [ 8] "APPS"
SQLLEN 4094
SQLLEN * 0x0012D898 (8)

ProjectBuilder 21e8-6d8 ENTER SQLGetData
HSTMT 09EC1A90
UWORD 3
SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR>
PTR 0x09D3B008
SQLLEN 4094
SQLLEN * 0x0012D898

ProjectBuilder 21e8-6d8 EXIT SQLGetData with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
HSTMT 09EC1A90
UWORD 3
SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR>
PTR 0x09D3B008 [ 68] "AP_WEB_WRAPPER_PKG.SETUPCLIENTINFO"
SQLLEN 4094
SQLLEN * 0x0012D898 (68)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back