Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC to Simply Accounting

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradia

Technical User
Jun 29, 2004
CA
Hi All.

I'm running windows XP Home edition, Access 2000 and Simply Accounting (SA) 2004 Basic - aka v8.5

I'm trying to use an ODBC connection to link to the SA tables in Access. There was already a connection in existance that worked no problem from Crystal Reporting - however, this link didn't work from Access.

I always get the response "You can not use ODBC to link to an external Microsoft Jet or ISAM database" (slightly paraphrased).

So I got an ODBC smarty-pants friend of mine to help me set up a new connection. This new connection also works from Crystal Reports but doesn't work from Access...

Anyone ever been successful linking to Simply Accounting from Access?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Alex

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at that page and the tool created may help. I'll give it a shot.

I'm confused though... If Simply Accounting uses Microsoft Jet to create it's databases (with the extention sdb) then why can't I just open the database with Access as an Access file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back