Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Tables Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCX

Technical User
Dec 17, 2000
US
Can anyone tell me how to see ODBC linked tables when not connected to the server?

I have a rather large database that I would like to be able to view from home and not at the office (server). This server is not connected in anyway to the internet or a dialup connection.

The fact that the tables would not be up-to-date is not important. I only want to see the structure and the data that was there when I was connected so that I can review the table information.

When I try to create a new Access database and export the tables to it, the only type of table I get is a 'linked' table and the data is not there when I am not connected to the server.

Thanks,

The only way to do this is for every linked ODBC table create a make table query using the linked ODBC table as input and pick off X number of records and populate the new table. After you have created all of the local(linked tables) then remove the linked ODBC tables and rename the new local tables to the naming structure as if they were linked. You may want to verify the field types and size to make sure they match correctly. Bob Scriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back