Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC SYSTEM DSN BECOMES USER DSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianperry

Programmer
Aug 20, 2001
GB
When I add a System DSN via ODBC Data Sources Administrator e.g. tutorial using Microsoft Access Driver it goes thru the creation okay but the entry is added to the User DSN rather then System DSN table.
I can set it up correctly thru UltrDev. Any suggestions?

I had this problem quite a while ago and if memory serves me correctly, it happened because I already had a USER DSN set up. You'll have to delete the USER DSN first and if it is not showing up in the ODBC Datasources Administrator, it may be partially set up in the registry. I remember actually having to go in and remove the entries from the registry before getting it to work. The registry should not be tinkered with unless you are comfortable doing so and you should always back it up first.

I hope that helps.

Hi, When i create system dsn thru odbc the entries are not visible in the data sources applet in control panel. User dsn's are visible. this is causing me lot of problems where in i have to go to registry all the time to know what dsns are exixting. Please help me out for my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back