Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

68rvp

Programmer
Nov 23, 2006
CH
Hello all,

Coldfusion MX7 Server Standard on Windows 2003 Server Web Edition.

As ODBC Services havn't been installed during the CF installation, I followed instructions on technote 19135 to install them manually (
After execution of the technote instructions:
- services have been created, but they are named "ColdFusion MX ODBC ..." instead of "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC ..."
- when starting the services, I get a "path not found" error. Services are refering to "C:\CFusionMX7\db\slserver52", but on my installation, I have the folder "C:\CFusionMX7\db\slserver54".

In the registry, I then manually modified the path, so that they refer to "C:\CFusionMX7\db\slserver54". When starting the services, I get the following errors:
- ODBC Server: "The Coldfusion MX ODBC Server service on local computer started and stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do..."
- ODBC Agent: "Could not start the Coldfusion MX ODBC agent service on local computer. Error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly"

In the system log are the following error entries:
- for ODBC Server service: Error 0 (long description)
- for ODBC Agent service: Error 1000: "Faulting application swagent.exe, version 2.9.0.0, faulting module swagent.exe, version 2.9.0.0, fault address 0x00012aef."

I've been looking during hours on adobe website and on internet, but didn't find anything that worked.
Help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

68rvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back