Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC problems with visual FoxPro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgould00

Programmer
Feb 18, 2003
US
not sure if this is a cold fusion 5.0 problem or a VFP problem.....i am trying to use ODBC from a CF5.0 page to query a .dbf table. i know the ODBC driver works, because i can query the table with another ODBC tool. when i try to query it with cold fusion, it gives an error that the table 'assembly.dbf' does not exist. here is my cfquery tag...

<cfquery name=&quot;foxpro&quot; datasource=&quot;FoxProPricing&quot; dbtype=&quot;odbc&quot;>

SELECT desc FROM assembly where house='#session.house#' and category='#category#' and desc like '%#kword#%'

</cfquery>

any ideas?
thanks.....

hi mate,
What server do you store your VFP tables? Some servers are case sensitive. So, assembly.dbf is different from Assembly.dbf, assembly.DBF, ASSEMBLY.dbf or ASSEMBLY.DBF.
Check your ODBC connection in the CF Admin page wheather it is DBF or dbf.

Good luck.
mansii

Also, DESC is a reserved word that the driver may be choking on. Try surrounding it with brackets:

SELECT [desc] FROM assembly where house='#session.house#' and category='#category#' and [desc] like '%#kword#%'

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Web Developer
IIMAK
-----------
Boy howdy, my Liberal Studies degree really prepared me for this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back