Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odbc network connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivendi

Programmer
May 12, 2005
Hello, i've got apache+php installed and i want to make a connection the the database with php. It a MS ACCESS database that is located on another PC within this network.
That shouldnt be a problem right? Well it is for me.
Here's what i've done.
I opened the "Data Sources(ODBC)" window from control panel.
I used the User DSN tab and clicked on the button "Add". I selected the MS Access database thats located somewhere in the network here.
I gave it a name to make the connection, and i left the username and password blank (just for testing purposes).
That should be the only thing i need to do make a connection, but i get an error when i try to make a connection to the database with php.

The only error message i get is: S1009
Thats all....

If i select a database thats located on the hardrive of this pc then i have no problems, but if i select one thats located in the network then i get that error...

I hope someone has an idea what the problem could be, cause im completly losed.

Thanks for any help.

S1009 means "Invalid argument value" so I would check, via ODBC trace facility, what ODBC API function is returning the error and then relate that back to your PHP function calls.

Tom Morrison

I havent tried it yet, i can do this tomorrow. But i was thinking. I tested this all on another pc and everything worked there. But im trying it on a server now, where it fails. The sever doesnt have MS Access installed. Could that maybe be the problem? It does work locally like i explained, but not if the database is located in the network. But could it be because it doesnt have MS Access installed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back