Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC link to AS/400

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitiellos

Technical User
May 1, 2000
AU
I am trying to develop reports using the ODBC link to our AS/400. The first time I create the report, it works fine. If I then save the report, exit crystal reports and then re-enter, more often then not -&nbsp;&nbsp;the report doesn't work. I get a windows message that tells me I've performed an illegal operation. I can't even display the SQL statements, or refresh the report. I am connected to the AS/400. Has this happened to anyone else? <br>

I use ODBC connections constantly and don't experience this probem - so I can assure it works. From what you say it seems to be your DSN setup.&nbsp;&nbsp;Perhaps you've setup a File DSN when it should be a System DSN?&nbsp;&nbsp;Just a guess.&nbsp;&nbsp;Good Luck!<br><br>Kristen

Does this happen on only one report or on many different ones? <br><br>Are you using the most up-to-date/appropriate ODBC driver for AS/400 linking?<br><br>Does the problem only occur on one PC? Try it on another if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back