Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC.ini - driver path

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermit01de

Technical User
Jan 20, 2002
DE
After upgrading the client to Win7 I have got the following issue with odbc:

As long as I put into the ODBC.INI in the registry te full path to sqora32.dll and write protect the key

C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client\BIN\SQORA32.DLL

the application is able to connect. So far so good.

"The application" is an applicaton to handle customs for import/export. As they check the ODBC.ini on startup, they change Driver-value automatically to

SQORA32.dll

As it is a certified application (by customs authorities) they will NOT change anything in the software.

My question: Where should I put the SQORA32.dll that it may be accessed? I tried to set %ORACLE_HOME% with no success, I put SQORA32.dll to C:\, C:\WINDOWS\, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 with no success.

Any hint about that?

Thank you.

Kind regards
Mirko
--------------------------------------
>>>>>> ... I am sure, some supportissues are a matter of PEBKAC ... <<<<<

Just a guess here - try putting the dll file in the same file where the calling application is. If it's just calling the dll, straight, then it seems to be looking in its own directory. I'd imagine you can make the .dll file a hidden file if necessary as well, but I'd try without messing with any file attributes initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back