Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC for Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlohrey

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
US
Can you have an ODBC data source path to more than one directory for the files you want to use in a crystal report? I am trying to create a crystal report form ACCPAC Pro Series data (VFP5.0) and the data is grouped in seperate folders according to the module: ARDATA for all accts rec data, SODATA for all sales order stuff. If I create two data sources and try using tables from them I get a Crystal message telling me I cant use SQL formulas...
Can I create an ODBC data source from both folders:

Please post your version of Crystal,a dn the exact error returned.

You should be able to create multiple ODBC connections, and join across them, but it will be slow.

You might also just link the tables of interest into a Access database and create an Access query to return the proper data.

Or you might use a Fox DBC to have all of the tables involved, but this would be based on the Fox version.

Posting technical information is important when making architectural decisions, so try to flesh out the environment.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back