Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC error while using a RAS connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekurtz

Programmer
May 25, 1999
US
My company is in the process or writing a VB 6 app which is accessing an existing Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 database. I need the app to be able to connect up via the modem to update remote users. The app works just fine as long as I am phyically connected to the network, but if I RAS in I am able to browse the network with no problems. The problem is that when I try to connect to the database I get the following error.<br>
<br>
-2147467259<br>
[Sybase][ODBC]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start specified database<br>
<br>
I have extended the time out to 2 minutes thinking that the modem is not returning the results fast enough, but that does nothing. I am using version 5.0 ODBC drivers and connecting up using ADO. I beleive my connection process is correct seeing as it works when I am connect directly to the network. Any thoughts?<br>
Thanks for any help with this matter.<br>

Run your SQL Anywhere executable with only the -v<br>
option, pipe the results into a text file and<br>
post it here along with the exact subversions of ODBC<br>
and VB6.<br>
<br>
I suspect a version incompatibility and if you<br>
let me have this info I should be able to tell.<br>
<br>
Regards, Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.