Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC error: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 193

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGarcia

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
PR
Good day everyone.
My client has Access 2016 installed. The Access app makes an ODBC connection to Oracle. In previous versions the app has no problem connecting. In her computer, the ODBC connection is successful (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Data Sources (ODBC)) but in Access it gives error
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 193: (Oracle in Oraclient11g_home1, C:\app\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin\sqora32.dll). (#160)
My computer still has Access 2013. What should I check for?
Thank you.

Ypu should probably check for 32- versus 64-bit. Unlike the way old days when ODBC transitioned from 16 to 32 bits, there is no 'thunking layer' to provide 64-bit clients a means to use 32-bit clients. Just guessing from the DLL name, it looks like you are using a 32-bit DLL.

There are completely parallel 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC implementations available on 64-bit Winodws. Start here for guidance.

I am guessing that you can check the 'bit-ness' of Access in the Help->About dialog.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back