Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2bike2nv

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2007
US
i am getting an error message when i go into Cyrstal Reports and start to create a new report.
i do the following

File/New - create a blank report
go to ODBC and go to the location where the DB's are.
click on the two DB's that i need
once i click on close i get the following error message

ODBC error: [pervasive][odbc client interface][lna][pervasive][odbc engine interface]driver not capable.

I click on OK and i get to link the DB's.

not sure if this will cause a problem down the road or not.
Any one have a clue as to why i am getting this error message?
i am using Cyrstal Reports 8.5.217, Pervasive SQL V8.
if more information is need i will gladly supply what i can.
i am not a SQL or DB person, so i know very little about this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,

Hi,
Maybe this thread reply will help ( Not specific to your Database but in concept it might help)..

thread318-173339

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I really hate to say this but the link that was provided did not help me out. I am sorry, I have very little experience with DB's and ODBC and what have you and reading all that was like speaking a totally different language that I did not understand it. If someone can give me some information so that i can understand it it would be really helpful!

I only know how to create the reports (or at least try to create reports) i do not know the ins and outs of it all.

Thanks so much!

Please post this in the Pervasive forum. Mirthiel is a Pervasive guru and he hangs out there and can help you.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back