Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Error 8000e14 Inserting and Updating Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinho

Technical User
Feb 16, 2001
IT
I have realized an asp site in dreamweaver 4.

Search and result page works very fine, but i also wanted to create a Insert and an Update page.

I use Live data object included in dreamweaver and map all form fields to relaed fields in DSN connection DB.

when i execute tha asp page aand submit the form both in Insert and Update appears a ODBC Driver Error 8000e14 : sintax error in INSERT INTO or UPDATE instruction.

I use PWS Microsoft 98(SR2) and MDAC 2.5.

Please note that the tutorial DB sample in ultradev works perfectly (MS Access DB like mine) and the insertion page do its job!!

Hi.

I don't think your installations are bad. It seems like , the sql query, which is made by your data object, contains syntax error. Another alternative is your datas contains wildchars like " quotation mark, ', &, * and the ODBC can not interpret your query string.
I guess, you have to filter these bugs in your app, before you insert or update records.

regards, Kirilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back