Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC DSN Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsekharj

Programmer
Nov 10, 2001
US
Hello,

I have created a report and linked a table/sp thru ODBC. In the Database->Set Location, Table name I have removed the prefix and suffix of Databse Name and other stuff.

I now copy the same report to the real environment. Although in the real environment the name of the DSN is the same the name of the database is different. Cant i do something so that the name of the DSN is enough to point it to a particular database?

Please reply soon

thank you

I have run into this before. The DSN Name must be the same for it to work immediately. The other option you have is to convert the database driver to a new DSN (in reality, it is the same driver with a different DSN name and possibly, network path). Email me if you have questions on this.

Yeah! what u say seems to be a correct solution in case the name of the DSN changes. but here what I want is that what if the same DSN is pointing to another database. I am working for a project for company X and so we named the database as XProductionDB, but now the client has the database as XDB.

I hope I am clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back