Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Database wont update

Status
Not open for further replies.

geocabs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2000
GB
Using FP2002 to write code. A simple form captures single data block and is supposed to send the data to a field in an ODBC database. NOthing happens at either the client or the server...no messages showing errors or anything ...nothing...zilch. The databse does not get updated either. Anyone know how I can diagnose this? Server is Win2K with IIS5 .

Please post a copy of the html code generated by FrontPage.

I believe the problem to be at the server end bu here is the form code anyway

Code:
   <form method=&quot;POST&quot; action=&quot;--WEBBOT-SELF--&quot;>
      <!--webbot bot=&quot;SaveDatabase&quot; SuggestedExt=&quot;asp&quot; U-ASP-Include-Url=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbform.inc&quot; S-DataConnection=&quot;Assure_Office&quot; S-RecordSource=&quot;Brainstorm&quot; U-Validation-Error-Url=&quot;blank.htm&quot; S-Form-Fields=&quot;Brain_Storm_Item&quot; S-Form-DBFields=&quot;Brain_Storm_Item&quot; --><p>
        <font face=&quot;Verdana&quot; size=&quot;1&quot;>Enter your anonymous brainstorm item. Item 
        will be reviewed for value.<br>
        Business Aspect <br>
        <nobr>
        <!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseRegionStart&quot; s-columnnames=&quot;ID,Business_Aspect&quot; s-columntypes=&quot;3,202&quot; s-dataconnection=&quot;Assure_Office&quot; b-tableformat=&quot;FALSE&quot; b-menuformat=&quot;TRUE&quot; s-menuchoice=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot; s-menuvalue=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot; b-tableborder=&quot;TRUE&quot; b-tableexpand=&quot;TRUE&quot; b-tableheader=&quot;TRUE&quot; b-listlabels=&quot;TRUE&quot; b-listseparator=&quot;TRUE&quot; i-listformat=&quot;0&quot; b-makeform=&quot;TRUE&quot; s-recordsource=&quot;Business_Aspects&quot; s-displaycolumns=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot; s-criteria s-order s-sql=&quot;SELECT * FROM Business_Aspects&quot; b-procedure=&quot;FALSE&quot; clientside suggestedext=&quot;asp&quot; s-defaultfields s-norecordsfound=&quot;No records returned.&quot; i-maxrecords=&quot;256&quot; i-groupsize=&quot;0&quot; botid=&quot;1&quot; u-dblib=&quot;_fpclass/fpdblib.inc&quot; u-dbrgn1=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn1.inc&quot; u-dbrgn2=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn2.inc&quot; preview=&quot; <span style=&quot;color: rgb(0,0,0); background-color: rgb(255,255,0)&quot;>Database</span> &quot; startspan --><!--#include file=&quot;_fpclass/fpdblib.inc&quot;-->
<% if 0 then %>
<SCRIPT Language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
document.write(&quot;<div style='background: yellow; color: black;'>The Database Results component on this page is unable to display database content. The page must have a filename ending in '.asp', and the web must be hosted on a server that supports Active Server Pages.</div>&quot;);
</SCRIPT>
<% end if %>
<%
fp_sQry=&quot;SELECT * FROM Business_Aspects&quot;
fp_sDefault=&quot;&quot;
fp_sNoRecords=&quot;No records returned.&quot;
fp_sDataConn=&quot;Assure_Office&quot;
fp_iMaxRecords=256
fp_iCommandType=1
fp_iPageSize=0
fp_fTableFormat=False
fp_fMenuFormat=True
fp_sMenuChoice=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot;
fp_sMenuValue=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot;
fp_iDisplayCols=1
fp_fCustomQuery=False
BOTID=1
fp_iRegion=BOTID
%>
<!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseRegionStart&quot; endspan i-checksum=&quot;60378&quot; --><select NAME=&quot;Business_Aspect&quot; SIZE=&quot;1&quot;>
        <!--webbot bot=&quot;AspInclude&quot; clientside u-incfile=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn1.inc&quot; startspan --><!--#include file=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn1.inc&quot;--><!--webbot bot=&quot;AspInclude&quot; endspan i-checksum=&quot;62210&quot; -->
        <option><%=FP_FieldHTML(fp_rs,&quot;Business_Aspect&quot;)%></option>
        <!--webbot bot=&quot;AspInclude&quot; clientside u-incfile=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn2.inc&quot; startspan --><!--#include file=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn2.inc&quot;--><!--webbot bot=&quot;AspInclude&quot; endspan i-checksum=&quot;62218&quot; -->
        </select><!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseRegionEnd&quot; b-tableformat=&quot;FALSE&quot; b-menuformat=&quot;TRUE&quot; u-dbrgn2=&quot;_fpclass/fpdbrgn2.inc&quot; i-groupsize=&quot;0&quot; clientside preview=&quot; <span style=&quot;color: rgb(0,0,0); background-color: rgb(255,255,0)&quot;>Results</span> &quot; startspan --><!--webbot bot=&quot;DatabaseRegionEnd&quot; endspan --></nobr><br>
        <textarea rows=&quot;4&quot; name=&quot;Brain_Storm_Item&quot; cols=&quot;16&quot;></textarea><br>
        <input type=&quot;submit&quot; value=&quot;Submit&quot; name=&quot;B1&quot;><br>
        Add a Business Aspect</font></p>
    </form>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back