Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

odbc data transfer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2000
US

Ok,

Since I feel I have contibuted a little here, and have gotten great responses. I have a question for everyone.

Anyone REALLY familiar with MS SQL 2000 administration? I am having a strange problem during a odbc based data transfer.

Brief description:

a server sits in a clients office with MS SQL 2000
at 3am every morning a snapshot is created of the data
this snapshot is then sent to the MS SQL 7 db on the web server via odbc
this snapshot is compared to the web data
any data on the web SQL SERVER that differs is then updated to match the data on the home MS SQL 2000 server

the problem:

during this transfer one field in one table (of more than 50) is getting corrupted

this particular table with the problem is fine until record 624

at record 624 it cuts off part of the long text (ntext datatype)
and then repeats the exact same text (cutoff and all) over and over again in every record until the last one (2000+)

the interesting thing is that while this repeat is constant throughout every record after 624 it only repeats in the one field, meaning that all other fields within each record after 624 remains untouched (not repeated or corrupted)

Ideas?

Thanks,

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back