Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC data source missing stored procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmegan

Programmer
Aug 29, 2005
US
Hi,

I'm having an odd issue, and hoping someone has seen it before and can help. This is a 32-bit, .Net 4.0 application, written with VS2013 and connecting to a Sybase database. My development server is running SQL Anywhere 16, but the finished product will be installed on systems running anywhere from Sybase 9 up.

The product I work with uses Sybase as the back end. I usually connect using an OLEDB connection, but the project I'm currently working on requires an ODBC connection. I'm trying to create a dataset from a few stored procedures, but they're not available in the Data Sources wizard when I specify the ODBC connection. They are available if I select the OLEDB connection, and are also visible if I expand the ODBC connection in Server Explorer. I'm using the same credentials in all cases, which is the user account used to create the stored procedures that I'm trying to access.

Does anyone know whay they wouldn't show for ODBC data sources, and how I can make them available there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back