Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Connecto to Progress 8.3b

Status
Not open for further replies.

joax11

Programmer
May 18, 2010
CR
Hey guys,

I have to make an interface with Progress 8.3b, so that I can query it with my current .NET application.

I was thinking of using an ODBC, however I have been looking and everywhere everyone says you must buy drivers to create this ODBC.

Are there any free drivers so that I can connect? I am asking this since I know the client doesnt want to pay extra for drivers for such an old app.

Thanks.

hi guys,

any help with this?

thanks!

I would really appreciate any help you could give! We are stuck with this problem!

no there are no free odbc drivers for 8.3

openlink has a solution but i don;t know if they go back as far as 8.3

I posed a similar question in thread292-738288

As you can see, {crickets}

On this site, bumping your own post is bad form. If you don't get an answer, it's because no one has the answer you want. Especially likely in the lightly travelled Progress forum.

Ultimately we caved in and bought the Merant ODBC driver to solve the problem I pointed at above.

We have and app using a Progress 8.3E DB. The Openlink drivers DO work w/ it. I never did find any free drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back