Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC connection works on client fails on server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCcasey

Programmer
Sep 30, 2003
NZ
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to set up an ODBC connection in MS Reporting Services to an Excel file. The ODBC connection works from my client, but when I upload the report to the server to run I receive the following errors:

Code:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource1'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help

(DataSource1) = DSN pointing to my target XLS file.

followed by a succession of these error messages...

Code:
ERROR [HY024] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. 

ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Invalid connection string attribute Trusted_Connection

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

... The file is sitting on a network share, with exactly the same DSN configuration as my client. I've tested that the user account running the report server service has access rights to the file.

My connection string seems (to me) to be ok (and works from my client), but I don't have much experience with ODBC.

Code:
dsn=GLJournalFinishedGoodsXls

Does anybody have any suggestions on where/what I should be looking for as the cause of the error? I'm at a loss!!! Help!!!

Thanks in advance!

Casey.

Is the path to the XLS file the same for both?

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back