Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Connection With Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiankk

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
US
I have an Access table linked with MAS 90 through an ODBC connection. I need to pull in data for multiple companies but once I enter the login and password information for the first company it no longer prompts for a new log in. How can I set the connection up so that it pulls in the data for the AP_InvoiceHistoryHeader once I enter the username and password and then when refreshed it prompts for a new log in so I can switch companies. I know this is a simple problem for someone. Thanks

Here is my connection

ODBC;DSN=SOTAMAS90;Description=MAS 90 4.0 ODBC Driver;Directory=M:\mas90;Prefix=M:\mas90\SY\, M:\mas90\==\;ViewDLL=M:\mas90\Home\;CacheSize=4;DirtyReads=1;BurstMode=1;StripTrailingSpaces=1;SERVER=NotTheServer;TABLE=AP_InvoiceHistoryHeader

Windows XP
Mas 4.3
Access 2007

Please explain further. When I try to link to another access database it will only show you unlinked tables. Basically, if you have a table in the secondary database linked to MAS it will not show it as an option.

Make another ODBC connection with a different name and using another company in the connection string.

What you are describing has to do with Access. It saves you the hassle of having to re-enter the password.

If I understand what you are trying to accomplish, you want to extract data and re-join the muliple companies back into a single table.

If so I have done this before. You would want to have multiple link tables - all using different silent DSN's. For example, APInvHistHeader (company A), APInvHistHeader (company B), APInvHistHeader (company C).

A silent DSN is one where you would supply it with a company, username, and password.

Then you can use a union or series of append queries to join them into a single table.

Drew Storm
MBSG

"Life is more important than...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back