Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC connection from Windows to IBM Informix

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk1221

MIS
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi, I'm looking to make a connection from a 64 bit Win 7 PC (MS Access) to an Informix database on Unix. We were successful on XP machines with an older ODBC driver. I downloaded and installed both the 32bit and 64bit Client SDK Developer Edition for Windows from IBM with no success. The 64bit installs ok but gives an architecture mismatch error and the 32bit driver installs an open admin tool that does not help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I figured it out through extensive web searches. Since the Access app is 32 bit, I needed to download and install the IBM 32 bit SDK Developer Edition client. Then I ran the "ODBC Data Source Administrator 32 bit" found at: c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. I added the IBM INFORMIX ODBC DRIVER - Finish - and then configured the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back