Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Connection dropped on reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzik

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2009
GB
I am having a small issue with a networked database. I've never dabbled in ODBC connections before so Im running into a bit of a hiccup. I consider myself to be quite knowledgable but this is something thats causing me a little bit of a headache.

Basically the server PC is hosting the database in question and I am connecting 3 other PC's to it. 2 of the PC's in question work correctly and re-establish the connection to the ODBC even after rebooting.

The main PC however (the one that gets the most use out of the connection) disconnects from the ODBC everytime you reboot it and the program using the database then fires back an error. When you go into the ODBC information even without changing it, it reestablishes the connection and works fine until you reboot the PC next.

This isnt that big of a deal while I am here but when I am not, its a problem as the people using the PC's arent exactly literate.

If anyone knows any way to solve this it would be most appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Kris

Is the network connection also set to reconnect at start-up?

If you can't stand behind your troops, stand in front of them.
Semper Fidelis

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back