Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC Configuration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRP

MIS
Aug 5, 2001
IN
We are using INFORMIX dynamic server 7.31 and HP-UX 10.20. The telnet and ftp connection between PC (Windows 98 II Edition) and UNIX serve is working fine. We are trying to access the database on HP-D/370 from PC using ODBC. I have set the evironment parameters (INFORMIXDIR,PATH) & made entries in services & hosts file on PC. And also created user DSN using INTERSOLV 3.01 32-BIT INFORMIX & also tried with INFORMIX 2.80 32 BIT. The Protocol which is defined is onsoctcp. But it is not working.
When we try to check connectivity with ILogin Demo it is giving the following error.
Database: Sqlcode = -930 Refer to Informix Find Error Utility or manual.

The Informix Finderror says "Cannot Connect to Database Server Servername". The possible solution given is to check whether network is operational or server is active or not.

The server name, service protocol,host name & IP address all are O.K. I would like to know what I am missing.

And I also I would like to know how the Informix communicates with the client. i.e mode & method.

Thanking advance for the reply,

G.R.P.

Hi,
Try putting the following in the options of setnet32 utility.
sa=2
once again verify that the server name and service. Let me know if this does not solve the problem
Regards
Partha

Dear Partha,

Thanks for your Suggestion. My problem is solved. It was a very silly problem. My Configuartion parameter everything was O.K. The only thing which we need to take care is the entries in hosts file should start from the begining of the line. There was a space which was creating problem. Another thinig is after the last entry in hosts file we should press enter and make blank line.

GRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back