Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC and CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPhil

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
GB
is it possible to have a constant ODBC feed from CMS? What's required?

What is it you try to accomplish?, ODBC is client side oriented,and therefor the client requests the data, but there are several other ways to push data out from CMS, to external hosts.
Can you give us a little bit more to work with?

were looking at the possibility of streaming a "live" feed into a 3rd party application for analysis purposes. Any suggestions on extracting a "live" feed from CMS will be useful

Are you refering to real-time data or historical data (interval,daily,weekly,monthly)? The CMS's ODBC interface can only be used for historical data. The real-time database does not have an ODBC connection.

If you need real-time data you'd have to rely on the CLINT interface (normally used for wallboards etc).
For historical data you can run commandline (batched) SQL queries and if neeeded schedule with CRON jobs to handle the output to external sources.
The official (and expensive)way is the external call history package.

Ok , sorry for my english but what its CRON.
How i runt commandline SQL Queries, i need and specific ODBC ? or the only way its wth exteral call history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back