Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC & FLAIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAP

Programmer
May 8, 2000
GB
I need to be able to access GroupWise .db files from another application. I understand that the databases are in the 'FLAIM' format. Is there an ODBC driver available for this database?

Hmmm, kinda interested in what your trying to do (wish I had the nack for programming). Searched around a bit on the develper site, but could only come up with an ODBC driver for eDirectory.

Both eDirectory and GroupWise use the FLAIM datbase (originally developed for a genealogical program and acquired by WordPerfect Corporation for use in WordPerfect, then Novell bought them). Maybe you could use the ODBC driver made for eDirectory with GroupWise databases?

Novell is also comming out with a product soon called WorkPLace. It's another Portal application that manages projects using a web interface. When I was at Brainshare this year I found out that this application will be using the groupwise database format, eventualy to be intergrated with groupwise. Maybe there is something there you can find?

Hope this helps Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back