Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ODBC ACCESS RANDOM ACCESS BINARY FLAT FILES is it Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFett

Programmer
Mar 31, 2000
US
Hello everyone

I have a program that uses Random Access Binary Files created by betreive functions in visual basic. The reason we still use this file format is to maintain backwards compatiblity with earlier versions of the software. However the need has arrised that we give the customers access to the data via a thrid party report writing program. I have the betrieve portion of this under control using the odbc however have been unsuccessful in creating an ODBC connection for the Random Access Flat Files. Have tried using the ODBC text drivers and it appears to be a dead end and tried using the betrieve drivers to acess the file and seems to be just as much of a dead end. In addition have not found any help topics on any of the message boards. Anyone have a clue if this can be done? Any help or links would be greatly appricaited.

Thanks

first of all please try to print in .txt file then save it, after all you can manipulate as much as you want with that file, i hope it would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back