Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OD Error in VxD

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishbait

MIS
Jan 9, 2002
US
I have a Pentium III, 450mghz running Windows 98 4.10 with 96Meg memory.

When attempting to run a cd in the DVD drive, I get a message on a blue screen, "Exception OD occurred at 0028:55EEC200 in VxD. Called from 0028.182ef68 in VxD scsi1hlp(03) + (00000508).

I can restore Windows for use with a hard reboot but can't use the DVD drive. Any help would be appreciated.

fishbait

This may help,

Exception OE in...SCSI1HLP.VXD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After installing Easy CD Creator I get the following error message when I put a disc in my drive: "AN EXCEPTION 0E HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:0637B00 IN VxD---. THIS WAS CALLED FROM 0028:C182A198 IN VxD SCSI1HLP(03) +00000508" (Please note that the numbers that appear in this message may be different in your system as they represent a specific memory location and every system is not loading the same drivers.) How can I resolve this problem? A backwards compatibility driver called "scsi1hlp.vxd" comes standard on all installations of Microsoft Windows 95 and 98. This driver is located in the C:\Windows\System\Iosubsys directory and gets loaded into memory every time your system boots up. This driver can be disabled by changing the extension of the file from ".vxd" to something like ".old" or ".bak." The driver is only necessary for very old SCSI 1 devices. If you do not have this hardware on your system, you can safely disable the file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
smitee

I get a VxD error when I play Warcraft 3. Then sometimes the little green lines go on top of the screen. Sometimes it just restarts on its own. I have ADSL on my network. I think the only time it messes up is when i use Warcraft 3. What is the cure for this?? Please help!! Thank you!

a) Restart the computer in Safe mode by holding down the CTRL key or F8, and then choosing Safe Mode from the Startup menu.
b) Click Start, select Find, click Files or Folders
c) type scsi1hlp.vxd in the "named" box and click "find now"
d) the file should be shown in the find window
e) right-click the Scsi1hlp.vxd file (located in the Windows\System\Iosubsys folder) and click rename from the pop-up menu
f) Type Scsi1hlp.old, press ENTER
g) restart the computer.

A backwards compatibility driver called "scsi1hlp.vxd" comes standard on all installations of Microsoft Windows 95 and 98. This driver is located in the C:\Windows\System\Iosubsys directory and gets loaded into memory every time your system boots up. This driver can be disabled by renaming the file from "scsi1hlp.vxd" to "scsi1hlp.old". The driver is only necessary for very old SCSI 1 devices. If you do not have this hardware on your system, you can safely disable the file.

-Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' [cook]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back