Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel won't go to voicemail only plays company greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtr1990

Technical User
Jan 2, 2015
US
We have an Octel that is integrated with a Ericsson MD110. They power to the Octel was off for a few hours when work was done in the room it is located in. Now when you dial the voicemail number or any voicemail ports it just goes to the company greeting. When I run a @L H I get type 24 errors and in the data1 field I get 00000009. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this any help would be much appreciated.

It seems that the cabling has been changed since you see 9 in the L H (type 24).
If you have a system with 4 analogue lines, and this works right, then if you change the cabling, the Voice 100/200/300 will beging reading the company greeting.
Otherwise the programming has been changed in the MD110 or the Voice mail system.
Please post the VMPOP; and ICFUP; and VMFUP; of the MD.
Also post the @ L H.
Also check the V24 /RS232 cabling.
The reason for your problems is that the data channel cannot send data to the Voice Mail system.

///doktor

Thank you for your reply. I have resolved the issue turns out it there was a hairline crack on the back plane of the Octel that went right across when the J2 port is located so we soldered where the crack was and changed the DB9 to DB25 adapter and it went back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back