Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

techninut

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with monitoring Octels ? Our company is using a Site Event Buffer (SEB) in order to monitor the Status Log for Octel 250/350s. However, we are not sure what the alarms mean that we are retrieving. I have the Documentation CD for it but it does not explain in full detail how to interpret each alarm. Any ideas ???

Thanks,

David

Is anyone aware of an external alarm monitoring system for the Octel's?

We use the dial pro system you program the codes you want to see in it and it emails the errors and contact closer info to you

pbxrookie,

As I stated in my previous post, the SEB from is what my company uses to monitor Nortel,Alcatel,NEC, and Octel vm and pbx systems. It works great. Captures traffic data,CDR,alarms,tollfraud,security,as well as monitors and data device (snmp) etc. etc. and the software is pretty easy to use. I can send you my salesguys contact info if you are interested. I tell you I am one very satisfied customer ! The only problem I have ever had monitoring is not knowing what the alarms mean that these SEB's do monitor. But that has nothing to do with the monitoring equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back