Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Modem Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eah11

Technical User
Mar 4, 2009
US
Hello,

I am trying to access Octel 250/350 to retrieve mailboxes for upgrade to Modular Messaging.

When I use Mailbox Manager I get connected and get the following error: The Serial Number does not match your System ID. Please contact Unimax Technical Support.

I used Netterm to connect and I verified VPMOD ID is 001 by looking under system parameters.

When I setup Mailbox Manager, it asks for Serial # and says it must be 4-6 digits. I tried 1000, 0001, 000001, and 001 and get same error everytime.

What am I missing here. I would like to get list of current subscribers to move over to Modular Messaging for our upcoming installation.
Thank you,
Ed H.

look in menu 13 - 7 it will show the system serial number. If it really is 001 then someone installed it wrong. You will need to have Avaya or someone else change the serial number of the Octel to match what is on the tag on the back of the cabinet.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks for the Tip Ken, I was able to find info based on your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back