Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel Integration Issue, A tough one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitey6965

Technical User
Apr 9, 2008
US
I have an integration issue with a Octel 250 and a Siemens Hipath 4000 Version 3. I have Multiple PRI's coming from Telco to the switch and then analog integration from the switch to the Octel. On a successful call, Telco is sending me Call type ISDN/National, call rings the phone follows forwarding to vm. Voicemail get the digits of * * * 4 0 1 1 1 1 1 7 9 5 2 3 0 and integrates correctly by serving up the personal greeting. On an unsuccessful call, I am being sent call type Unknown/Unknown from Telco, the PBX is forwarding the call correctly to the phone, this time the display is showing "202 Verizon Loc", following the forwarding, but the digits that Octel is receiving is * * * 4 2 0 2 * * * 7 9 5 2 3 0. I assuming that the 2 0 2 * * * is caller id of some sorts. It seems that octel will ignore the 011111, but when the leading digit isn't a 0 it thinks its a mailbox number and tries to make a match on it. Problem is that it only happens from certain customer in different area's of the country. If any one has experienced this or has any idea's let me know...........I appreciate it. Thanks.

I assume you are using inband for the integration. If you can do a screen print of menu 6 3 and post it please. Also how many digits are the mailboxes.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Sorry its taken so long to respond, thought we had a solution. Yes we are using Inband Integ. I have compared the documentation to the config and it is set to exactly Avaya's spec. The problem is that the call is failing at the octel, the switch is processing the call. Is there a rule that can be written within octel to translate the 202*** to 0111111? Menu 6 has Ring No Answer set to ***4EN. E = 6, N = 6. Six digit dial plan. Currently when you leave a message from an external phone, the information on the Envlope says that the call is from an outside caller. What would happen if you removed the E from ***4EN, or set the number of digits in calling party ID (E) to 0? What impact would there be on internal calls? What would happen to the ISDN calls that come across as 011111?

Thanks,

Try making an entry below the ring no answer on menu 6, maybe the busy, field that has "***4202***N" This way, if the call does not match the Ring no Answer of ***4EN, then it will try then next entry in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back