Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Octel HD Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgoza

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2002
US

Hello ~

We have a Octel system that currently uses two 2GB drives for messages, auto attendant, etc.

We started having problems with retrieving messages and found that drive "00" has failed. We replaced the drive with a new assembly (removed the old one and installed the new) but the system is still showing a failure on "00".

Any insight or thoughts?

Thanks!
Jeff

When you say you replaced it i assume you mean you did the replacement utility and had a valid drive from a Avaya / BP ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I have a valid drive, but you lost me with the replacement utility. We utilize a console but it's all menu driven. Can you guide me from there?

Thanks,
Jeff

You need to have the Eng bit turned on to do the drive replacement from menu 20. If you are the customer and not a BP then it is doubtful you will be able to do this with out assistance from a BP.

You would see the drive replacement menu from menu 20 after the bit was turned on. ou can try it using the modem connection but it will need to run a garbage collect and it will fail due to the fact that the ENG bit is not turned on.

Ken Means

We are very much a "do it yourself" operation when it comes to phones and such. This system is also going on 10 years of age.

Anything you could share with me to get this bit turned on?

Thanks!
Jeff

you can not turn it on sorry but only avaya can turn it on or a bp that knows how. if you want it replaced I am afraid you will need to use a bp or pay avaya 600 @ hr to do it. I could do it but I can not do it for free.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back